Spotify Premium - plugin is designed to let you use Loupedeck device to control Spotify playback on any active device - like your computer, mobile phone, amplifier or even on your TV.
As of right now we are having problems with the Spotify's Cloud Server integration and are doing our best to address the issues. This means that some of the plugin features might not work as intended. We recommend linking OS Commands like volume and play/stop into your Spotify-profile as a workaround.
Spotify plugin integrates most needed controls for perfect listening experience! You can use standard media controls (previous track, next track, play/pause) and also control track suffle or repeat functions. Spotify specific volume control is of course part of the plugin and you can also utilize standard playlist functions for starting a playlist and to save a running track to your desired playlist.
To enable Loupedeck to send commands into Spotify’s cloud system you need to log in and link your personal Spotify Premium account with Loupedeck software - in order to do that, first, you need to have registered Loupedeck account which you are logged in to.
• A Spotify Premium - account
• Application or a device for Spotify playback
• Loupedeck account
LINKING A SPOTIFY PREMIUM ACCOUNT
In order to get Spotify actions working by using Loupedeck you need to link your Spotify Premium account with Loupedeck software - this enables Loupedeck to send commands directly to Spotify’s cloud system, which will in turn direct commands to the active playback device.
1. Log into your Loupedeck Account via Loupedeck Software
• Open login-panel by clicking on the account avatar at the top right corner
• Type in your Loupedeck login (email) address
• Type in your Loupedeck account password
• Press “Sign in”
Note! After login: avatar icon is changed to your initial letters (e.g. Firstname Lastname -> FL).
2. Adding your Spotify Premium Account
Spotify account can be added into Loupedeck system in two ways:
1) Directly into the settings: This is a preferred way if you want to store the information for later use.
2) Via Spotify plugin profile: This is preferred way if you want to start using Spotify with the Loupedeck device immediately.
Note! To remove your Spotify account linking, select your preferred account and press “Remove Account”.
2.1 Adding Account via Settings
• Open Loupedeck Settings (green circle ) and locate “Account” section.
• Click “Add new” dropdown menu and select “Spotify”. You will be redirected to a Spotify’s web-page to log in (linking will be done automatically when you log in on the webpage). (See picture 1.)
Note: In some cases browser shows an error message - account is linked
nevertheless and you can close your web browser.
2.2 Adding Account via Profile Settings
• Select Spotify as your application
• Open profile dropdown menu and press a wheel icon to open profile settings. (See picture 2.)
• Click “No Account Selected” from the Profile Settings window.
• Select “Add Account”. You will be redirected to a Spotify’s web-page for a log in process (see previous chapter for detailed information). After linking Spotify account you will see your account name on the dropdown menu.(See picture 3.)
• Press “Save”.
3. Linking Spotify to Other Plugins
Loupedeck system allows you to link Spotify controls into any plugin you might be using.
This makes it posible to control Spotify without changing the target application from active
software to Spotify.
Adding Spotify actions into other plugins:
• Select the application to which profile you want to add Spotify controls to.
• Open profile dropdown menu and click on the wheel icon of your preferred profile to open profile settings.(Similar to picture 2.)
• Click “Add Plugin...” dropdown menu at the bottom and select Spotify. (Similar to picture 3.)
• Select your Spotify Premium account for the profile. Spotify actions and adjustments main groups are now added to your action panel.
Linking OS Commands to Spotify Plugin:
• Select Spotify as your application.
• Open profile dropdown menu and press a wheel icon to open profile settings.
• Click “Add Plugin...” dropdown menu at the bottom and select Windows or MacOS in the profile settings window.
• Press “Save” Windows or MacOS actions and adjustments main groups are now added to your action panel.
We recommend linking OS Commands like Play, Stop and Volume to your Spotify profile because of the occational functionality problems caused by Spotify's Cloud Server.